Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Obsessions.....

http://www.iwannadownload.com The best place you download movies, music and more.

This is something that has always intrigued me. How people fall into obsessions be it over another person, or an object or a game whatever.  What triggers this to happen I wonder because I don't think I have ever been obsessed with anything or anyone.  People have obsessed over Elvis for years and years, over the Beatles and I simply just don't get it. They act as though this people are God. 

I have a friend that is totally obsessed with Johnny Depp and yes he is good looking, and he he is a great actor. However he is but a man no better no worse than most other men on this earth.  I can see being impressed with someones acting ability but to obsess over the person to me makes no sense at all. She really knows nothing about him in real life except what she reads and it is debatable how much of that is true. 

I asked her once why she was obsessed with him and she said for his mind. I laughed and it was for two reasons one she doesn't know him so she really doesn't know his mind. Two because it isn't his mand that has her tongue hanging out of her head everytime she sees a picture of him. Her obsession does go even deeper believe it or not. Nearly all of her time on the computer is spent at sites dedicated to him by women (and some men) equally as obsessed as she is. They write fantasy stories about him and degrade the woman in his life. 

The thing is my friend is married. Her husband is good looking and a caring person. Yes he can be rude and abrupt but I have met very few men who aren't. He has a good heart though is a very hard worker and provides well for his family. She talks about Mr Depp as though he has no flaws while pointing out all of her husbands. I have assured her many times that Mr Depp has faults and probably a lot of them as he is after all only human. 

Maybe I am the odd one because I simply cannot see being obsessed over someone I will never meet and could never have. I just really don't get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment