Monday, November 17, 2008

Medical Care....

http://www.iwannadownload.com The best place you download movies, music and more.

I was talking to someone from back home tonight and he was telling me that the one and only clinic they have there no longer will take medicade or medicare. Now my question is what are those people suppose to do for medical care. The closest town that has another clinic is about 21 miles away and a lot of those people don't even have cars.

I know some will say well there are people out there that abuse those programs and I agree there are. However that is no reason to punish those people that aren't. Things are hard for everyone right now so why make it even harder on those that have so little to begin with? A part of the doctors creed is to do no harm. In my opinion when they ignore those that need their help just because they cannot pay then they are indeed willingly doing a great deal of harm.

It use to be that people became doctors because of their desire to help and heal others. Now it is nothing more than a business and unless you make a lot of money and can afford insurance then you are not worth their time.

It makes me sick that in a country as advanced as ours there are still thousands of people that are forced to suffer, and even die because they cannot afford to see a doctor. Even if by chance they do get in to see a doctor the likeliness of being able to afford and treatment and/or medication is very unlikely.

I have nothing against us helping people in other countries I am all for it. However how about a some help for those that live right here at home? It is a sad thing when the government will hand out billions (or more) in medical aid in other countries but will not help their own people.

No comments:

Post a Comment