Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Health Care, The Economy, Etc...

I know I know it is a lot like beating a dead horse but sometimes it seems you have too. Health care in this country sucks unless you have money to have great insurance. If you are poor in this country and you become ill you might as well curl up in a ball and die because no one will help you. The only exceptions here is if you have kids, or are eldery and yes if they are poor they need help too. However what about tohse that do not fall into those catergories? 

Some say well get a decent job and get insurance. I dare anyone to try to find a job even flipping burgers right now. It isn't always cut and dried and it definitely isn't easy. I am in college I am trying to change my future for the better. I also have almost all the symptoms of a disease that killed my mother at age 54. The thing is it doesn't have to be deadly and as a matter of fact it can be cured if I could get medical help but I can't. 

I have no problems with helping our neighbors in the world and I believe it is a good thing to do. However damn it take care of your own first. If  our government can spend billions on health needs in foreign countries then they can afford to help their own people. I have called supposed free clinics here and once they found out I had no job and no insurance they all but laughed and a couple even hung up on me. It makes me angry that a person any person cannot get medical treatment. 

Our government even now gives away billions to companies that should have been allowed to fall flat on their faces since it was their own fault they got into such a fix. If we as citizen spend our money foolishly will the government come to us and say "Oh here you a few billion to fix you up again." no not by any means. This country runs every day on the backs of average everyday people and they are the ones that shafted. Our government has no respect for it's people and no concern for those that suffer. I have no higher hopes for this presidential term than any other in the past. It is not because of Obama or his color as that is not even a factor. What is a factor is that our president is a figurehead and he has no real power. The congress, the house, the senate now those are the ones that need replacing. 

A friend of mine once told me that the only ones that should ever be elected to office are the ones that truly do not want to be there. 

4 comments:

  1. Health insurance is SOOOO expensive!!! Mine keeps going up at least $50 a month every six months. If you are trying to get insurance right now make sure you apply now before you see a doctor and LIE LIE LIE on that application regarding the symptoms you are feeling/seeing. Once you disclose that info on an insurance app, they can deny you or charge you a much higher premium.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could get insurance now. However I am still unemployed. My unemployment ran out last month. But thank you and I will remember that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will send out positive vibes your way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much. I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete